openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Newbie questions
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:16:16 GMT
Hello,
we are tying to migrate our Open Source Identity Management system
Syncope [1] from Hibernate because we are willing to apply for entering
ASF incubator [2].

I was using OpenJPA 2.1.1 but I found an issue with @OneToMany and some
null collections so, after reading [3] I switched to 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT and
this issue disappeared.

Unfortunately I am now facing few issues:

1. some (harmless?) warnings like as (this because I was using query
hints with Hibernate, for 2nd level caching):

137309  syncopePersistenceUnit  WARN   [http-bio-9080-exec-3]
openjpa.Runtime - "javax.persistence.cache.retrieveMode" is not a
supported query hint. May be you meant "javax.persistence.lock.timeout"?
137310  syncopePersistenceUnit  WARN   [http-bio-9080-exec-3]
openjpa.Runtime - "javax.persistence.cache.storeMode" is not a supported
query hint. May be you meant "javax.persistence.lock.timeout"?

2. blocking errors like as:

<openjpa-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT-r422266:1226933 nonfatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: Cannot load object
with id "1006".  Instance
"org.syncope.core.persistence.beans.SchemaMapping@39be9f72" with the
same id already exists in the L1 cache.  This can occur when you assign
an existing id to a new instance, and before flushing attempt to load
the existing instance for that id.

I guess that this happen because at some stage an entity A (in
@OneToMany relation with another entity B) is read, then afterwards a
"SELECT e FROM B" is issued, in the same transaction. How can I fix this?

Moreover, is there any planned date for release 2.2.0?

TIA.
Regards.

[1] http://www.syncope-idm.org
[2] https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/SyncopeProposal