openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <>
Subject How to configure transaction timeout?
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:20:41 GMT
I use Aries JPA and Aries Transaction with OpenJpa. I have problems with
some long transactions that time out (I think anyway). I cannot see where I
can configure the transaction timeout for Aries Transaction. The only
interaction I have with Aries Transaction is my blueprint definition where
I create beans with transaction properties set and publish them as
services. Below is an example of one of my blueprint definitions.

Can anyone advice me as to how one can configure the transacation timeout?
(and what is the default?)

I originally posted this on the aries list but I'm hoping that someone
using OpenJPA might have encountered this problem.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint xmlns="" xmlns:xsi=""
  xsi:schemaLocation="" xmlns:tx=""

  <bean id="statementService"
    <tx:transaction method="*" value="Required" />
    <jpa:context property="entityManager" unitname="skistPU" />

  <service ref="statementService"

  <bean id="customerService"
    <tx:transaction method="*" value="Required" />
    <jpa:context property="entityManager" unitname="skistPU" />

  <service ref="customerService"