openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will OpenJPA 2.1.x ever be incorporated into a WAS7 feature pack?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:26:48 GMT
Hi Ron,
WebSphere continues to support their JPA solutions via improvements to the
corresponding OpenJPA offerings.  The OSGi/JPA 2.0 Feature Pack is based on
the OpenJPA 2.0.x service stream.  WebSphere's v8 solution is based on the
OpenJPA 2.1.x service stream.

If issues are discovered in any of these environments, then an appropriate
fix is developed for the Apache OpenJPA service stream and that is
ultimately pulled into an iFix or fixpack for the WebSphere product.  An
issue that is discovered in WAS v8, for example, can normally be
back-ported to previous releases, such as the OSGi/JPA 2.0 Feature Pack (as
it applies).

New features for one release (ie. WebSphere v8) are not normally candidates
for back-porting to previous releases (ie. OSGi/JPA 2.0 Feature Pack).

Hope this helps,
Kevin