openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Will OpenJPA 2.1.x ever be incorporated into a WAS7 feature pack?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:09:56 GMT
Sounds reasonable. Historically have issues been the only thing that have prompted new snapshots
of OpenJPA 2.0.x to be included in WAS7 fixpacks? If the OpenJPA community writes a new whiz-bang
feature in the 2.0.x stream could it qualify for inclusion in a fixpack or has WAS7+OpenJPA
2.0.x entered a "no updates unless its broke" phase?

Does anyone know if IBM maintains its own WebSphere JPA documentation? The "Getting Started
with the Feature Pack for OSGi Applications and JPA 2.0" RedBook [1] states:

"
JPA for WebSphere Application Server comes with two JPA 2.0 persistence providers:
- Apache OpenJPA persistence provider
- JPA for WebSphere Application Server persistence provider
"

Is there documentation on-line for "JPA for WebSphere Application Server persistence provider"
or is it the exact same as the documentation found on the OpenJPA site [2]?

Sorry mailing-list for the IBM specific questions...feel free to passive aggressively point
to me archived threads if this has already been discussed. My team recently moved from another
vendor's JPA implementation to OpenJPA for its WAS compatibility and we're trying to learn
the lay of the land.

Thanks,
Ron

[1] - http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg247911.pdf