openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exception initializing openJPA - the named BrokerFactory is not valid
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 23:35:35 GMT
I do not have time to download and analyze the package layout of a
deployment.
The JPA bootstrap (Persistence.createEntityMangerFactory(...)), I believe,
uses thread context classloader to load the provider's implementation (i.e.
OpenJPA classes). So make sure that
Persistence.createEntityMangerFactory(...) is called by a thread whose
context classloader can load OpenJPA classes.
Given different classloading regime in JEE/Servlet or other containers, I am
sorry that I can not give you a more accurate answer.

-----
Pinaki Poddar
Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project