openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange behaviour on ManyToMany relationship using RCP client
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:10:05 GMT
> because both entities are created at client side and sent to the server
for persisting later.
Just to be clear, in the RCP case, the Entities in question are newly
created and the OpenJPA runtime hasn't ever touched them?

Prior to getting the NPE, can you add some debug and check for a
StateManager? You can check this by casting your Entity to
org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PersistenceCapable and calling
pcGetStateManager().

Thanks,
Rick