openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "M. Walter" <marc.wal...@sbb.ch>
Subject Re: Strange behaviour on ManyToMany relationship using RCP client
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:55:33 GMT
Hi Rick,

we found out another interesting thing. Under some conditions (i.e. using
entities on RCP client side) saving the "right" entity matters. We called
persist on the inverse side entity of the ManyToMany relationship which lead
to only one UPDATE statement for the inverse entity. The expected INSERT
statement on the join table wasn't executed. As we switched the owning and
inverse side everything worked as expected. Two UPDATE and one INSERT
statements were executed.

But again there is something strange: for the JUnit integration test this
does NOT matter apparently. Calling persist on the inverse side of the
relationship executed all necessary statements in order to create the new
ManyToMany relationship. Do you have an explanation for this behaviour?