openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "M. Walter" <marc.wal...@sbb.ch>
Subject Re: Constraint violation using OneToOne relationship
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 16:28:43 GMT
Hi Rick,

thank you for the fast responses!

Yes I successfully tried the solution IBM proposed.

But why do I have to add this property just for OneToOne relationships in
order to make them work properly? For all other relationships this is not
necessary. I really would like to understand this difference.

Are there any side effects for the persistence mappings by adding the
openjpa.jdbc.SchemaFactory property to the PU? I'm suspicious of adding
properties to get things to work which in my opinion should work without
further configuration. I wonder if creating both sides of a OneToOne
relationship and persisting them by saving the parent entity is a special
case.