openjpa-users mailing list archives

From areider <open...@reider.net>
Subject Re: Should OpenJPA initialise empty collections?
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 22:46:37 GMT
I think if it sets a collection to null there may be a serious issue. On my
version 1.2.3_snapshot that comes with RAD 7.5.x, I have seen it happen that
even if I initialize  a oneToMany (OTM) var to a collection, then it gets
set it to null when an existing entity is loaded. Much worse, any attempt to
assign a collection to the variable gets ignored, presumably due to bytecode
modification. So even a lazy init of the var in a getter wont work. Which
makes it impossible to add an element on existing entity OTM. That may be on
detached entities only, not sure...