openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Oracle 11g and primary_key as rowtype IDENTITY
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:29:15 GMT
The guys from Oracle do (a bit offensive) argue that for such reasons
sequences do exist.

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9909360#9909360

Quote:
"Oracle has *sequences* for this purpose.
They are either directly used in an INSERT statement, or assigned to a
column by means of a *trigger*.."

So my question might be: Why does openJPA not create sequences? Am I missing
some param in my config?
I have seen for MySQL there is an additional "sequence-table" created with
all index. In Oracle there seems to be no such table ... while except the
persistance.xml the code is 1:1 the same.

Thanks,
Sebastian