openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Oracle 11g and primary_key as rowtype IDENTITY
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 09:09:08 GMT
Hi,

we are still trying to figure out what is going wrong with Oracle and openJPA.

Our configuration now looks like that:
		<properties>
				<property name="openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses" value="unsupported"/>
value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
                <property name="openjpa.ConnectionProperties"
value="username=SYSTEM, password=admin"/>
                <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:openmeetings"/>
				<property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" value="buildSchema"/>
      			<property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=WARN, Tool=INFO" />
				<property name="openjpa.DataCache" value="true"/>
				<property name="openjpa.QueryCache" value="true"/>
				<property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="oracle(UseTriggersForAutoAssign=true,BatchLimit=100)" />
				<property name="openjpa.jdbc.QuerySQLCache"  value="false"/>
    	</properties>

UseTriggersForAutoAssign=true is the magic key to use sequences as it seems ...
however ...

=> The problem now is that Oracle complains that some sequences have a
too long column name. How can we bypass that?

Thanks
Sebastian