openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Harald Wellmann <hwellmann...@googlemail.com>
Subject Compile Scope dependency on JUnit
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:33:51 GMT
I just noticed that my application has an unwanted compile scope Maven
dependency on JUnit which is indirectly caused by OpenJPA. OpenJPA
2.1.1 has a compile scope dependency on Serp, and Serp has a compile
scope dependency on JUnit, which is likely to be unnecessary.

I need to have the compile time dependency on OpenJPA (instead of just
the JPA 2.0 API), since I'm using some of OpenJPA's own APIs for
auditing.

A Maven dependency exclude does not have the desired effect in my
context, which looks like a bug in Maven, but that's another story.

In short, could you check my assumption that Serp does not really
require JUnit at compile time and make sure that OpenJPA depends on an
updated version of Serp which does not include a compile scope
dependency on JUnit?

Best regards,
Harald