openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Pflueger <Michael.Pflue...@sma.de>
Subject AW: Speed of fetching simple entities using OpenJPA
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:28:40 GMT
Hi,
attached is a zip containing both the OpenJPA and JDBC tests to read the entities, and a small
prog to fill the DB. I'm doing entytymanager.clear() every 2000 records so memory does not
fill up, and have tried to do it only every 20k records, but that seemed to make it a bit
slower, not faster.

Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rick Curtis [mailto:curtisr7@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. September 2011 00:00
An: users@openjpa.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Speed of fetching simple entities using OpenJPA

> I could submit a zip including the tests and a persistence.xml tomorrow, i
guess.
That would probably be the most expedient way to figure out what is going
on.

> Does anyone on the openjpa dev team run such performance tests?
We don't have anything (that I'm aware of) that runs as part of our builds.
You are correct that it would be easy enough write a smallish benchmark root
out potential regressions ... if someone invested the time. That being said,
we're continually assessing the performance of OpenJPA to ensure that it is
competitive with other providers.

*Rick Curtis*

SMA Solar Technology AG
Aufsichtsrat: Guenther Cramer (Vorsitzender)
Vorstand: Juergen Dolle, Roland Grebe, Uwe Hertel, Pierre-Pascal Urbon, Marko Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Kassel HRB 3972
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 34266 Niestetal
USt-ID-Nr. DE 113 08 59 54
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 95881150