openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Running PCEnhancer on a pile of classes that are not all entities
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 00:40:32 GMT
I wanted to verify that this ominous PCEnhancer warning:

3294  weaving  WARN   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Type "class
> com.foobar.FoobarPropertyEditor" loaded by
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.util.TemporaryClassLoader@5fd1358f has no metadata;
> enhancing as persistence aware. If you intended for "class
> com.FoobarPropertyEditor" to be persistence-capable, then this means that
> OpenJPA could not find any metadata for "class
> com.foobar.FoobarPropertyEditor". This can happen if the directory
> containing your metadata is not in your CLASSPATH, or if your metadata files
> are not named properly. See the documentation on metadata placement for more
> information.

...simply means that the OpenJPA PCEnhancer effectively took no action on
the class in question.

I am running the PCEnhancer through Ant as invoked by the
maven-antrun-plugin; I have opted to run it over a directory tree (via Ant's
<fileset> element) rather than specifying the <class> files in the
persistence.xml.  For various reasons, this means that among the many
.classfiles in the directory tree are classes that are not entities.
I want to
make sure that they are not being modified in any way.  I looked at the
.class file in emacs and didn't see anything obvious.

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson