openjpa-users mailing list archives

From No1UNo <je...@jerrycarter.org>
Subject Re: problem with query / German umlaut
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 01:38:42 GMT
Can't provide much help, but I can testify to having done similar exercises with OpenJAP 2.0
and 2.1 using PostgreSQL without any problem.  I recommend logging your SQL statements and
verifying that the character encodings are passing through correctly.

On Aug 31, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Christopher Cudennec [via OpenJPA] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a simple (?) problem with a query against data with German umlaut characters.

> Consider the following data:
>
> create table test (property varchar(255));
> insert into test values ('Diskontsatze');
> insert into test values ('Diskonts├Ątze');
> select * from test where prop = 'Diskontsatze';
>
> When querying the database using SQL I get one row as expected. When using the same query
with OpenJPA I unexpectedly get two rows. It looks like OpenJPA uses another collation than
my table and database.

> As database I use MySQL. The default-character-set is "utf8". I tried to set the collation
for the table explicitly to 'utf8_unicode_ci' without any positive result.