openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Cudennec" <Smutje...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Problems getting the old state of a Map / auditing
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:49:15 GMT
Hi Pinaki,

The issue is that the field actually *is* marked as dirty. But when I compare the Map of my
current entity and the Map of the old state (that I get from the SaveFieldManager) it contains
the same values.

Example:

// Step 1: Create an instance of Parent

Parent parent = new Parent();
parent.getStringAttributes().put("key", "oldValue");
em.persist(parent);
em.flush();
em.clear();

// Step 2: Modify the value
parent = em.find(Parent.class, em.getId());
parent.getStringAttributes().put("key", "newValue");
em.flush();

When examining both Maps in my AuditManager I see 'newValue' in both cases. Is that a bug?

Cheers,

Christopher

-------- Original-Nachricht --------