openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Cudennec" <Smutje...@gmx.net>
Subject Problems getting the old state of a Map / auditing
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:39:26 GMT
Hi Pinaki, hi everyone else ;)!

First of all thanks for pointing me to 'openjpa.RestoreState', Pinaki. Now I got the problem
solved with the old state from the SaveFieldManager.

Unfortunately I have another issue with Maps. When I change the value of a Map entry I can't
track the change because the old and the new Map contain the same values (although the Maps
are not the same instance).

I have the following situation:

@Entity
public class Parent {

  @ElementCollection(fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
    private Map<String, StringAttribute> stringAttributes = new HashMap<String, StringAttribute>();

}

@Embeddable
public class StringAttribute {

  @Column
    private String value = new String();
}

Can you confirm that issue or do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot :),

Christopher