openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "M. Walter" <marc.wal...@sbb.ch>
Subject Re: AW: Speed of fetching simple entities using OpenJPA
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:16:12 GMT
In the meantime we were able to speed up things by only selecting the fields
from the database we really need in the application at application start.
You can do this with constructor expressions. You probably know that. We
approximately had 50 seconds to read and deliver 60'000 entities to the
remote client. Now this is done in 2 seconds with only reading two fields
instead of everything and the use of setBatchFetchSize() feature!