openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "M. Walter" <marc.wal...@sbb.ch>
Subject Re: Using FetchPlan.setFetchBatchSize() feature leads to java.io.NotSerializableException
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:19:37 GMT
Okay thanks. What I was trying to do was setting the fetch size like in
java.sql.ResultSet so rows aren't read one row at a time but many rows at a
time instead. We experienced a higher performance executing a query with
JDBC and using the fetch size feature. Without fetch size the JDBC query was
as fast as the JPA query. In other words setting the fetch size in JDBC can
speed up queries so JDBC is faster than JPA. So I searched the OpenJPA
documentation for how to set the fetch size and thought
FetchPlan.setFetchBatchSize() is what I need. But maybe this is something
different? Isn't it possible to set the fetch size in OpenJPA 1.2.3?