openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Urbanek <dt0...@retail-sc.com>
Subject Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory" Property
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:49:17 GMT
Hi,

I want to overwrite the MetaDataFactory like described here:
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.2/apache-openjpa-1.0.2/docs/manual/ref_guide_meta.html

But it turned out it doesn't work. I managed to develop a test scenario
which easily produces the behaviour I encountered.

What _does_ work is the following:

Adding
<property name="openjpa.MetaDataFactory" value="jpa"/>
to persistence.xml.

When setting this property my junit test (persisting a simple association,
using @Column Annotation to use differing column names) does work.

According to the document above, this property Tag should be equivalent to
the setting above:

<property name="openjpa.MetaDataFactory"
value="org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceMetaDataFactory"/>

But when using this configuration my junit test fails. The differing
Column Names set by the @Column.name Attribute are no longer found.
Instead the Java Attribute-Names are used in the SQL.

My problem is, that I want to implement a custom MetaDataFactory and this
doesn't work either (which is expected, because I extend
PersistenceMetaDataFactory). Is there something I missed?

(I'm using openjpa 2.11 with openejb 4.0.0 snapshot)

Best regards Marcel
--
RSC Commercial Services GmbH & Co. OHG, Wanheimer Strasse 70, D-40468 Duesseldorf - Sitz:
Duesseldorf - Registergericht: Duesseldorf HRA 12655