openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Urbanek <dt0...@retail-sc.com>
Subject Re: Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory" Property
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:36:13 GMT
Hi,

I now found following in the documentation:

> Slice will ensure that all other related instances that get persisted by
cascade are assigned to the same database slice as that of the root
instance.

So sadly this won't work for us, as associated entites can be in different
schemas.

Should I file a JIRA for the MetaDataFactory Bug?

Best regards, Marcel

From:   Marcel Urbanek <dt0a28@retail-sc.com>
To:     users@openjpa.apache.org
Date:   12.08.2011 16:59
Subject:        Re: Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory" Property

Hi,

I will give it a try (on monday) but looking at the documentation I'm not
sure if it is possible to do joins over two entites from two different
slices. I fear that won't work (as they could be even from different
datasources).

Best regards Marcel

From:   Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>
To:     users@openjpa.apache.org
Date:   12.08.2011 16:03

It's a thorny problem.

Have you looked at
openjpa-slice<
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_slice

>?
Having a separate slice for each schema sounds like it would work for you.

haven't tried anything like what you want to do, but you should be able to
set a different schema on each slice. Failing that you might be able to
use
different users and pick up a different default schema that way.

-mike

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Marcel Urbanek
<dt0a28@retail-sc.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> We need to specify differing qualifier/schemas for the entities.
>
> So lets say Entity A is in Qualifier 'test1' and Entity B is in
Qualifier
> 'test2'.
> Furthermore, depending on the platform the program is run, the Qualifier
> may change. On Production Platform the Qualifier might be 'prod1' and
> 'prod2' instead of 'test1' and 'test2'. And last but not least it should
> also be possible to do joins between the two entities, while being in
> differnet schemas/qualifiers.
>
> Following options do not work for us:
>
> - Specify the schema at the annotation (because the schema name changes
> from platform to platform)
> - Implementing an own OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory that set the schema
for
> the according persistence unit (because joins between the two
persistence
> units would not be possible)
>
> The idea was to implement a MetaDataFactory that returns a custom
> MetaDataParser that itself handles the schemas in the
> handleUnknownClassAnnotation() Method (via a custom @Qualifier
annotation)
> and manipulates the MetaData accordingly.
>
> Best regards Marcel
>

> From:   Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>
> To:     users@openjpa.apache.org
> Date:   11.08.2011 21:57
> Subject:        Re: Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory"
Property

> [...]
> >> MappingFactory it goes wrong.
> >>
> >> My Group Entity looks like this:
> >>

> >>        @Embeddable
> >>        public class GroupPK {
> >>                /*Group Number*/
> >>                @Column(name = "NU_GRP",
> >>                                length=2)
> >>                private Short  groupNumber;
> >>
> >>                /*Group name*/
> >>                @Column(name = "NA_GRP",
> >>                                length=20)
> >>                private String  groupName;
> >>
> >>                /*Valid from*/
> >>                @Temporal(TemporalType.DATE)
> >>                @Column(name = "DA_VAL_FRM",
> >>                                length=4)
> >>                private Date  validFromDate;
> >>

> >>        @Entity
> >>        @Table(name="MPTZZY")
> >>        public class Group extends UpdateEntity{
> >>
> >>                /*Remark text*/
> >>                @Column(name = "TE_RMK",
> >>                                length=20)
> >>                private String  remarkText;
> >>
> >>                 @OneToMany(mappedBy="group",fetch=FetchType.EAGER
> >> ,cascade=CascadeType.ALL)
> >>                Collection<Person> persons=new ArrayList<Person>();
> >>
> >>                @EmbeddedId
> >>                private GroupPK id = new GroupPK();
> >>

> >> Best regards Marcel
> >>

> >> From:   Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>
> >> To:     users@openjpa.apache.org
> >> Date:   11.08.2011 16:36
> >> Subject:        Re: Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory"
> Property
> >>

> >> Going back to your original email, the documentation is misleading.
> While
> >> you could use PersistenceMetaDataFactory you'd probably prefer to use
> >> PersistenceMappingFactory. Basically, you did the right thing by
> extending
> >> the PersistenceMappingFactory..
> >>
> >> The product derivations are confusing, because they set the same
alias.
> >> But
> >> they should always be applied in a consistent order. There's some
> tricky
> >> ordering in the code, but basically the PersistenceProductDerivation
> >> should
> >> always be called before JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation.
> >>
> >> If all you want to do is override the MetaDataFactory you do not need
> >> write your own product derivation. ProductDerivations are needed if
you
> >> want
> >> to support a different type of data store (maybe a non-relational
> >> database),
> >> or a different spec (JDO). I don't see a reason why you'd need to go
> that
> >> far.
> >>
> >> All that said, I think we're going to need to know more about your
> model
> >> figure out what is going wrong here. In particular what annotations
are
> on
> >> the NA_GRP column.
> >>
> >> Once we get this to work with the OpenJPA defaults, we can look at

"org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.PersistenceMappingFactory(types=com.retail_sc.test.entity.Group;com.retail_sc.test.entity.Person;)"

> JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation) I

> join
> supports

> PersistenceProductDerivation
> Alias.

JPA
> >> with
> >> other
> nothing

> >> Property

value="org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.PersistenceMappingFactory(types=com.retail_sc.test.entity.Group;com.retail_sc.test.entity.Group2;...etc/>

> encountered

org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.resolve(MetaDataRepository.java:563)

org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.getMetaData(MetaDataRepository.java:308)
> for

org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCRegistry.getMeta(PCRegistry.java:255)

> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCRegistry.newInstance(PCRegistry.java:111)

> value="org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.PersistenceMappingFactory/>

> initialContext.lookup(GroupServiceLocal.class.getCanonicalName());
> (PersonServiceLocal)
> >> > > >
> initialContext.lookup(PersonServiceLocal.class.getCanonicalName());

> 0]
> null
> null
> >> user)

[org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCStoreManager$CancelPreparedStatement]

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.2/apache-openjpa-1.0.2/docs/manual/ref_guide_meta.html

test

does
> work.

> >> value="org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceMetaDataFactory"/>

> >> differing
> >> found.

> MetaDataFactory
> >> and