openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Urbanek <dt0...@retail-sc.com>
Subject Re: Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory" Property
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:58:43 GMT
Hi,

I will give it a try (on monday) but looking at the documentation I'm not
sure if it is possible to do joins over two entites from two different
slices. I fear that won't work (as they could be even from different
datasources).

Best regards Marcel

From:   Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>
To:     users@openjpa.apache.org
Date:   12.08.2011 16:03
Subject:        Re: Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory" Property

It's a thorny problem.

Have you looked at
openjpa-slice<
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_slice
>?
Having a separate slice for each schema sounds like it would work for you.
haven't tried anything like what you want to do, but you should be able to
set a different schema on each slice. Failing that you might be able to
use
different users and pick up a different default schema that way.

-mike

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Marcel Urbanek
<dt0a28@retail-sc.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> We need to specify differing qualifier/schemas for the entities.
>
> So lets say Entity A is in Qualifier 'test1' and Entity B is in
Qualifier
> 'test2'.
> Furthermore, depending on the platform the program is run, the Qualifier
> may change. On Production Platform the Qualifier might be 'prod1' and
> 'prod2' instead of 'test1' and 'test2'. And last but not least it should
> also be possible to do joins between the two entities, while being in
> differnet schemas/qualifiers.
>
> Following options do not work for us:
>
> - Specify the schema at the annotation (because the schema name changes
> from platform to platform)
> - Implementing an own OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory that set the schema
for
> the according persistence unit (because joins between the two
persistence
> units would not be possible)
>
> The idea was to implement a MetaDataFactory that returns a custom
> MetaDataParser that itself handles the schemas in the
> handleUnknownClassAnnotation() Method (via a custom @Qualifier
annotation)
> and manipulates the MetaData accordingly.
>
> Best regards Marcel
>

> From:   Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>
> To:     users@openjpa.apache.org
> Date:   11.08.2011 21:57
> Subject:        Re: Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory"
Property

> [...]
> >> MappingFactory it goes wrong.
> >>
> >> My Group Entity looks like this:
> >>

> >>        @Embeddable
> >>        public class GroupPK {
> >>                /*Group Number*/
> >>                @Column(name = "NU_GRP",
> >>                                length=2)
> >>                private Short  groupNumber;
> >>
> >>                /*Group name*/
> >>                @Column(name = "NA_GRP",
> >>                                length=20)
> >>                private String  groupName;
> >>
> >>                /*Valid from*/
> >>                @Temporal(TemporalType.DATE)
> >>                @Column(name = "DA_VAL_FRM",
> >>                                length=4)
> >>                private Date  validFromDate;
> >>

> >>        @Entity
> >>        @Table(name="MPTZZY")
> >>        public class Group extends UpdateEntity{
> >>
> >>                /*Remark text*/
> >>                @Column(name = "TE_RMK",
> >>                                length=20)
> >>                private String  remarkText;
> >>
> >>                 @OneToMany(mappedBy="group",fetch=FetchType.EAGER
> >> ,cascade=CascadeType.ALL)
> >>                Collection<Person> persons=new ArrayList<Person>();
> >>
> >>                @EmbeddedId
> >>                private GroupPK id = new GroupPK();
> >>

> >> Best regards Marcel
> >>

> >> From:   Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>
> >> To:     users@openjpa.apache.org
> >> Date:   11.08.2011 16:36
> >> Subject:        Re: Problems when using "openjpa.MetaDataFactory"
> Property
> >>

> >> Going back to your original email, the documentation is misleading.
> While
> >> you could use PersistenceMetaDataFactory you'd probably prefer to use
> >> PersistenceMappingFactory. Basically, you did the right thing by
> extending
> >> the PersistenceMappingFactory..
> >>
> >> The product derivations are confusing, because they set the same
alias.
> >> But
> >> they should always be applied in a consistent order. There's some
> tricky
> >> ordering in the code, but basically the PersistenceProductDerivation
> >> should
> >> always be called before JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation.
> >>
> >> If all you want to do is override the MetaDataFactory you do not need
> >> write your own product derivation. ProductDerivations are needed if
you
> >> want
> >> to support a different type of data store (maybe a non-relational
> >> database),
> >> or a different spec (JDO). I don't see a reason why you'd need to go
> that
> >> far.
> >>
> >> All that said, I think we're going to need to know more about your
> model
> >> figure out what is going wrong here. In particular what annotations
are
> on
> >> the NA_GRP column.
> >>
> >> Once we get this to work with the OpenJPA defaults, we can look at

"org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.PersistenceMappingFactory(types=com.retail_sc.test.entity.Group;com.retail_sc.test.entity.Person;)"

> JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation) I

> join
> supports

> PersistenceProductDerivation
> Alias.

JPA
> >> with
> >> other
> nothing

> >> Property

value="org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.PersistenceMappingFactory(types=com.retail_sc.test.entity.Group;com.retail_sc.test.entity.Group2;...etc/>

> encountered

org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.resolve(MetaDataRepository.java:563)

org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.getMetaData(MetaDataRepository.java:308)
> for

org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCRegistry.getMeta(PCRegistry.java:255)

> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCRegistry.newInstance(PCRegistry.java:111)

> value="org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.PersistenceMappingFactory/>

> initialContext.lookup(GroupServiceLocal.class.getCanonicalName());
> (PersonServiceLocal)
> >> > > >
> initialContext.lookup(PersonServiceLocal.class.getCanonicalName());

> 0]
> null
> null
> >> user)

[org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCStoreManager$CancelPreparedStatement]

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.2/apache-openjpa-1.0.2/docs/manual/ref_guide_meta.html

test

does
> work.

> >> value="org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceMetaDataFactory"/>

> >> differing
> >> found.

> MetaDataFactory
> >> and