openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Pflueger <Michael.Pflue...@sma.de>
Subject Large result sets with PostgreSQL and Slice
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:36:37 GMT
Hi,

does anyone know if large result sets work with PostgreSQL and/or Slice?

I'm using these together and I get outOfMemory errors again.

Switching back to MySQL + Slice, large result sets seem to work until I get the first concurrent
query exception due to that MySQL limitation.
This makes it look like LRS may not be working correctly with PostgreSQL...
I found http://abhirama.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/postgresql-jdbc-and-large-result-sets/ during
my googling which hints that PostgreSQL only uses cursors within transaction blocks.
I tried to put a transaction around my query but the problem remains...

Any ideas/hints? :)

Michael

SMA Solar Technology AG
Aufsichtsrat: Guenther Cramer (Vorsitzender)
Vorstand: Juergen Dolle, Roland Grebe, Uwe Hertel, Pierre-Pascal Urbon, Marko Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Kassel HRB 3972
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 34266 Niestetal
USt-ID-Nr. DE 113 08 59 54
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 95881150