openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version of all children is incremented in OneToMany when merging parent entity
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:30:39 GMT
Statement batching is an OpenJPA optimization. By default OpenJPA will try
to use JDBC statement batching. There's a section in the user manual at :
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_dbsetup_stmtbatch.

Depending on the application, statement batching can provide a significant
performance boost. For example inserting several rows to the same table can
be batched, and executed in a single conversation with the database.

If your application updates several different tables, or different parts of
the same table, statement batching provides less of a benefit.

If you believe it will not benefit your app, or you want to remove the
batching from the equation, you can disable batching by adding the following
property to persistence.xml :

<property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="batchLimit=0"/>

Hope this helps,
-mike