openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FetchPlan question
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:58:49 GMT
> Creating a custom fetch group from scratch is painful for large objects,
> especially when you want to only remove a few fields from the default
> fetch group.

Agreed. The problem with fetch plan (despite it being an excellent feature
otherwise), it does not have a exclusion set. removeField() does not do that
exactly. The logic of 'fetch' checks a field for inclusion. I believe we
should upgrade to have an explicit excludeField(..) sort of semantics. Of
course, explicit exclusion should trump inclusion.

That will address the issue of excluding few fields from default fetch group
rather than creating a new one from scratch for large objects.

-----
Pinaki Poddar
Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project