openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up commit
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:37:28 GMT
Rick's right on both counts. TrackChanges doesn't eliminate proxies - it
should just make them no-op.

We also need the proxies for for managed entities to track the state of non
primitives (Dates, collections etc.). I don't think we have code in place
that falls back and does a more thorough comparison if the proxies are not
found though.

Pinaki,

The code changes are definitely untested - it's currently breaks the
TestEnumToKernelConstantMappings test (which is rather banal, but probably
there for a good reason).

I'm not sure what you mean about not having a regression test environment.
This problem would be found in a rather quick maven build. I understand not
having multiple databases available, but running the regression bucket with
derby should be doable.

You can skip the long running locking tests with this arg:
-Dsurefire.excludes.locking=**, if time is a concern.

-mike