openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up commit
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:11:47 GMT
Javadoc from ProxyManagerImpl

    /**
     * Whether proxies produced by this factory will use {@link
ChangeTracker}s
     * to try to cut down on data store operations at the cost of some extra
     * bookkeeping overhead. Defaults to true.
     */
    public boolean getTrackChanges() {
        return _trackChanges;
    }

It sounds like this property is used to determine whether the proxies are
tracking changes... not to toggle the creation. Adding another property to
the ProxyManager to not use proxies from the get-go makes sense to me.

--
*Rick Curtis*