openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Aron Lurie <a...@cambridgesemantics.com>
Subject Speeding up commit
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:45:18 GMT
Hello,
I have a situation where I am trying to persist ~2500 objects all at
once. After the objects are persisted, the program ends, so there is no
need for any functionality after the objects have been persisted. I am
just trying to dump these objects to the DB as fast as possible.

Using Eclipse's TPTP profiler, I have timed the EntityManager.commit()
operation to take 586 seconds. Of that, cumulatively almost 455 seconds
are spent inside of ~2500 calls to StateManagerImpl.proxyFields(bool,
bool). From the point that I start commit(), those 2nd class objects are
not mutated by my program, and I do not need to use any of these objects
after commit() finishes. From what I have read, it would seem that I
have no need for my objects to be proxied, and from my tests, it seems
that removing proxies would speed things up significantly. Am I missing
something? Or is there a way to turn off proxies? And if not, how can I
speed up the proxying operation?

Thanks,
Aron