openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Georg Nozicka <georg.nozi...@nozicka.at>
Subject Re: Criteria API; AND 1 = 1 in WHERE Clause
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 05:33:39 GMT
Hello,

this are good news, that it could be fixed. So I guess I cannot do anything
different in coding the queries so that the "1 == 1" is not added to the
query.

The point is, that we are evaluating using JPA in general and OpenJpa in
specific as a new way to handle our persistence. Our DB gurus are very picky
about, which SQL code finally is created for specific queries and the “1 ==
1” is for the moment a construct they don’t like because they mean that it
not clear, which side effects such constructs could have and how DB
optimizers handle it in various situations. Therefore I will create a Jira
and hope that it will get fixed.

Georg