openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: merge() doesn't refresh many-to-one members unless attribute is called explicitly?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:49:30 GMT
Off the top of my head I'd say that the first case will perform slightly
better.  In the first case OpenJPA will get a single connection to the
database, in the second case we'll get two (one for merge, and another for
refresh). You could change this behavior with the
openjpa.ConnectionRetainMode property, but that might have other
implications depending on your application.

Regards,
-mike