openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <>
Subject Re: Speeding up commit
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:43:32 GMT
Proxies are *not* created for managed objects, in general. This brings me to
my favorite question:
are you enhancing the persistent classes at build-time? If not, please do.
It will save you ton of trouble.

For normal (I mean build-time enhanced) persistence mode, OpenJPA creates
proxies for 'second-class objects' -- the objects that are "managed" by the
runtime in some sense but *could* mutate without OpenJPA knowing about such
mutation. Examples are instance of java.util.Date or java.util.Collection.
OpenJPA proxies them because then it can be aware of their mutation and act
appropriately to capture these changes.

Sent from the OpenJPA Users mailing list archive at

View raw message