openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "C N Davies" <...@cndavies.com>
Subject RE: Speeding up commit
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 05:58:12 GMT
Actually on that point I think I agree that I have seen this very behaviour
myself. OpenJPA gets confused if  change B then change A then commit A (with
cascade all set on A), I commonly get detached entity errors in reference to
B.  I ended up working around that by persisting B, reread it then
persisting A. I got so tired of this issue I have been using Hibernate a lot
more lately.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Aron Lurie [mailto:aron@cambridgesemantics.com]
Sent: Thursday, 16 June 2011 5:44 AM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Re: Speeding up commit

Also,
When class A has a property of type class B, and both instances are
persisted, the B instance does not need to be proxied because any mutation
made on the B instance will be noticed by the entity manager since it is
persisted. However, I believe the current behavior is to create a proxy for
the B instance. If I am right, this is a source of redundancy that could be
eliminated.

-Aron