openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Pflueger <Michael.Pflue...@sma.de>
Subject AW: Batch insert support
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 13:28:47 GMT
Thank you, that's exactly what I needed.
It's called "rewriteBatchedStatements" in the MySQL driver.
Inserts are now about 2.5 times faster with this option.

Regards,
Michael

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Miłosz Tylenda [mailto:mtylenda@o2.pl]
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Mai 2011 16:32
An: users@openjpa.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Batch insert support

Hi Michael,

You probably mean a variant of INSERT statement with multiple rows which is supported by some
databases. There is no direct support for such INSERTs but a JDBC driver might internally
rewrite single-row INSERTs into one multiple-row INSERT if you use the batchLimit option.
I remember the MySQL driver having such an option.

Greetings,
Milosz

SMA Solar Technology AG
Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Erik Ehrentraut (Vorsitzender)
Vorstand: Guenther Cramer, Peter Drews, Juergen Dolle, Roland Grebe,
Uwe Hertel, Pierre-Pascal Urbon, Marko Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Kassel HRB 3972
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 34266 Niestetal
USt-ID-Nr. DE 113 08 59 54
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 95881150