openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <>
Subject Re: OpenJPA and GWT Serialization
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2011 12:43:19 GMT
Jason -

> Sorry if this is a frequently asked question.
This isn't a frequent question... yet. It seems that this issue has come up
a number of times on users/dev. There was a recent post[1] on a similar
issue that didn't end with much of a solution. Mike has had this
detach/proxy business on his list of things he wanted to do for quite a
time... :-)

What version of OpenJPA are you running with?

If you're running 2.0.0 or later and you're in need of a workaround in the
short term.... and depending on how your application is structured, enabling
LiteAutoDetach[2] might get you by this problem. The only reason I'm
suggesting this property as I know that it will remove all proxies on