openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA and GWT Serialization
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2011 12:43:19 GMT
Jason -

> Sorry if this is a frequently asked question.
This isn't a frequent question... yet. It seems that this issue has come up
a number of times on users/dev. There was a recent post[1] on a similar
issue that didn't end with much of a solution. Mike has had this
detach/proxy business on his list of things he wanted to do for quite a
time... :-)

What version of OpenJPA are you running with?

If you're running 2.0.0 or later and you're in need of a workaround in the
short term.... and depending on how your application is structured, enabling
LiteAutoDetach[2] might get you by this problem. The only reason I'm
suggesting this property as I know that it will remove all proxies on
EntityManager.close().

[1] http://openjpa.markmail.org/thread/sczpivhncne27co4
[2]
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_detach_state---
openjpa.DetachState=loaded(LiteAutoDetach=true)

Thanks,
Rick