openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Chris Lennert <calenn...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible to ignore FK constraints?
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 18:21:24 GMT
Is it possible to instruct OpenJPA to ignore foreign keys to unmapped tables
that may exist in the database?

My situation:  Large ERP database (thousands of tables) that I'm only
reading (never inserting or updating) data from.  My app only is only
concerned with reading records from two tables.  One of the tables has
numerous foreign key constraints, all of which are outside the scope of my
app.  Thus, my entity bean class defines only the fields from that table I'm
interested in.  Unfortunately, the app blows up when OpenJPA queries the
database to determine the constraints that exist on that table and promptly
complains about unmapped FK constraints.

I'm hoping that I can do this without creating entity beans for all these
other tables.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Chris