openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @Version for sqlserver "timpstamp" datatype
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:18:56 GMT
Hi Chintan,

This issue might be best handled through the WebSphere support channels.

I'm assuming you changed the
openjpa.jdbc.TransactionIsolation<http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#openjpa.jdbc.TransactionIsolation>
 persistence property. This has the effect of changing the isolation level
after a connection is obtained from WebSphere's connection pool. Subsequent
requests for a connection will get a new connection from the pool and
promptly change the isolation level. As a result you end up with multiple
connections associated with the same tran, and the transaction needs to be
upgraded to XA.

What you probably want to do is change the default isolation level on the
WebSphere DataSource. The best way to do this is to use a resource reference
in your application, and set the isolation on the resource ref. There is
also a custom property that you can set on the DataSource documented
here<http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21224492>
(scroll
down a little bit to see the custom property).

If you read the link about the custom property you'll see there are a few
more options, but the resource ref and custom property are the two that I've
seen work in the past.

Hope this helps,
-mike