openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @Version for sqlserver "timpstamp" datatype
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:34:59 GMT
Hi Chintan,

We're getting a LockTimeoutException from SQLServer, which is why you're
seeing a different exception.

OpenJPA handles locking on SQLServer a little differently from other
databases. Instead of a FOR UPDATE clause we obtain a table lock.

It would be most helpful if you could enable logging for SQL and JDBC :
<property name="openjpa.Log" value="SQL=TRACE,JDBC=TRACE"/>

In the trace file look for an instance of "WITH (UPDLOCK)" . If that's
present, OpenJPA has locked the table (e.g. pessimistic locking). If it
isn't found in the trace then it may be a case of implicit locking due to
your isolation level.

Providing your persistence.xml (pastebin if possible) may be a big help in
either case.

-mike