openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jim O'Rourke <jimorourk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CriteriaQuery with shared-cache-mode Enabled Not Working
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:20:12 GMT
Updating the OpenJPA jar to 2.1 in my OpenEJB stack resolved the issue.  All
these tests passed whether shared-cache-mode was enabled or disabled.  All
suite tests passed with the cache enabled, although there seems to be
version differences between 2.1's dependent jars and OpenEJB's
deployed/repackaged versions, so I'm not giving up on 2.0.1 yet...

As an FYI, annotating the entities using
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.DataCache made no difference under 2.0.1.

Pinaki Poddar wrote:

>  I can not determine the core assertion i.e. the 'expect' list and
> 'result' list be equal because how the 'expect' list is formed is not
> visible to me.

I included the code for building the expect list, the ejb methods do what
they're supposed to do, and expect is what to expect. But I guess that's not
the point.

Pinaki Poddar wrote:

>   4. Another angle is Prepared Query Cache -- a mechanics used to cache a
> query string when the same query is executed multiple times. It is known
> to cause problems. To keep it out of the equation, switch it off by
>     openjpa.jdbc.QuerySQLCache=false

I usually have that off anyway, was playing with it as part of trying to
figure out what was going on. BTW, when it's on, the log gets littered with
4625  PortfolioData  WARN   [main] openjpa.Runtime - Query "select e from
Account e" is removed from cache  excluded permanently.
Query "select e from Account e" is not cached because its result is not
obtained by executing a select statement.
This can happen if the query was evaluated in-memory. The result was
provided by
org.apache.openjpa.datacache.QueryCacheStoreQuery$CachingResultObjectProvider.
.

And the database log shows the queries running regardless of the setting.

As for the meat of your post.  My EJB stack controls jdbc configuration, so
I can't just Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(...).  I am reasonably
sure my getEMF() will always return the same EntityManagerFactory instance,
so no-can-do on any comparisons with multiple persistence contexts.

So, next step is to create a JPA only project and exercise CriteriaQuery
under 2.0.1.  I'll report back any findings.

But first, there's a nice cold beer with my name on it...