openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Bauer <techhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non JPA Annotations?
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:56:58 GMT
Hi Jay,

Using a RUNTIME retention policy should do the trick.  What type of
enhancement are you using?  If you use build time enhancement,  have you
tried to decompile your enhanced entity classes?  I just ran a quick test
with OpenJPA trunk and my custom annotations show up in the decompiler
output of the enhanced entity class files.  Bean Validation
(javax.validation.constraints.*) constraints also survive the enhancement
process and are available at runtime using RUNTIME retention.  Otherwise,
the openjpa-integration/validation suite of tests would fail.

Could you provide a simple test that demonstrates the annotations being
lost?  I may be using a different style of enhancement or have some other
environmental configuration difference.

-Jeremy