openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Prashant Bhat <prashant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA Date Proxy serialization problem when using entities with GWT
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:27:47 GMT
Hi,

I've created a sample project to explore this issue. Please see the attached
sample project.

To run this test, execute this maven command: mvn compile openjpa:enhance
gwt:compile test

The GWT compiler takes long time to compile. Once it is complete, this will
start a jetty server and opens URL http://localhost:8080/ in the default
browser. Now click on the 'Save Sales Orders' which fails with the following
exception.

com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException: Type
'org.apache.openjpa.util.java$util$Date$proxy'

I really appreciate your help in solving this or any suggestion to use
alternate approach, Thanks.

Regards,
Prashant