openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Prashant Bhat <prashant...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenJPA Date Proxy serialization problem when using entities with GWT
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 03:13:40 GMT
Hi All,

We're developing an application using OpenJpa 2.1, Spring-3.0.5 and
GWT-2.2.0. This integration works for all other types in the entity, but
fails for fields of type Date with the following exception:
--
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException: Type
'org.apache.openjpa.util.java$util$Date$proxy' was not included in the set

When searched, I found lot of references to detaching the entity to remove
all proxies needed by Jpa. It works, but this needs to be explicitly called,
while the same works without calling this, in our Swing app which gets the
serialized objects through Spring Remoting. And also, as there're a lot of
DAOs already written, this is going to be major change.

So, is there a openjpa configuration setting to use, so that all proxies are
removed on em.close() ? I really appreciate any help to solve this.

Thanks,
Prashant