openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disable DB ping on startup
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:28:36 GMT
Hi Tobias,

The connectedConfiguration code is obtaining the default schema name from
the connection. It looks like this is only used by the SchemaTool (and
hopefully then only to be smart about the sql it generates).

If you aren't using the schema tool I think this statement can be safely
skipped. There's no option to do so today, unfortunately. As a quick hack
you could create your own DBDictionary extending our DB2Dictionary and
override that method.

I'd like to run a few tests to be sure, but this looks like something we can
fix.

-mike

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Tobias Trelle <tobias.trelle@codecentric.de