openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA Date Proxy serialization problem when using entities with GWT
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:26:08 GMT
Hi Prashant,

I've been looking into the Date proxies recently. What I've found is that
the proxies are removed if you serialize the entity or use detachCopy() (in
this case the original entity retains the proxies and the new copy does not
have them). I'm looking into a better solution for this use case, but the
detachment code is pretty tangled, and it might take a little while to work
out a safe option.

I'm not sure why using a DTO didn't work for you. How did you copy the date
field from your entity?

-mike