openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: missing openjpa-src.jar
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:00:17 GMT
Just read up (a little) on ivy. My comments about openjpa-persistence-jdbc
were assuming it would pull the same dependencies as maven - which might not
be the case.

This:  <dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa" rev="2.1.0"
conf="default->default,sources,javadoc"/> should still work though.

-mike

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> Off the top of my head you should only need openjpa-persistence-jdbc to get
> 'most' of the JPA function. That should pull in lib,kernel,jdbc, and
> persistence as dependencies for you.
>
> Or just
>  <dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa" rev="2.1.0"
> conf="default->default,sources,javadoc"/>
>
> Which will probably grab everything (should be smaller than apache-openjpa
> though).
>
> -mike
>

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Marc Logemann <li@logemann.org> wrote:
>
>> Yeah. You have this dependency page when it comes to plain old jars,
>> manually managed, but with Maven, one needs advice what kind of artifacts
>> one needs for what kind of situation:
>>
>> I stopped using this dep:
>>
>>  <dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="apache-openjpa" rev="2.0.1"
>> conf="default->default,sources,javadoc"/>
>>
>> (there i had no sources and a lot of stuff was downloaded)
>>
>> Now i use:
>>
>>        <dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa-jdbc"
>> rev="2.1.0" conf="default->default,sources,javadoc"/>
>>        <dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa-kernel"
>> rev="2.1.0" conf="default->default,sources,javadoc"/>
>>        <dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa-lib" rev="2.1.0"
>> conf="default->default,sources,javadoc"/>
>>        <dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa-persistence"
>> rev="2.1.0" conf="default->default,sources,javadoc"/>
>>        <dependency org="org.apache.openjpa"
>> name="openjpa-persistence-jdbc" rev="2.1.0"
>> conf="default->default,sources,javadoc"/>
>>        <dependency org="org.apache.geronimo.specs"
>> name="geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec" rev="1.1"/>
>>
>> But i perhaps one or two lines are useless. I would like to see a page
>> where these different dependencies are explained. There are some more where
>> i guessed from the name that they are not cruical.
>>

>> ---
>> regards
>> Marc Logemann
>> http://www.logemann.org
>> http://www.logentis.de
>>

>> Am 01.03.2011 um 16:32 schrieb Kevin Sutter:
>>
>> > We do have this page that describes the various openjpa dependencies and
>> how
>> > they are packaged (or not) with the openjpa distributions:
>> >
>> > http://openjpa.apache.org/build-and-runtime-dependencies.html
>> >
>> > But, the maven dependency information seems to be "missing"...  Adding
>> it to
>> > this page seems like the logical location...
>> >
>> > Kevin

>> error

it