openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: MetaModel creation with -Aopenjpa.generate=true
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:00:02 GMT
one more thing.

You have something like this in the second process() method:

private boolean process(TypeElement e) {
catch (Exception e1) {
            logger.error(_loc.get("mmg-process-error", e.getQualifiedName()), e1);
            return false;
        } finally {

This is cool if get an error in the real process but this one here:

public boolean process(Set<? extends TypeElement> annos, RoundEnvironment roundEnv)
{
        if (active && !roundEnv.processingOver()) {
            Set<? extends Element> elements = roundEnv.getRootElements();
            for (Element e : elements) {
                process((TypeElement) e);
            }
        }
}

is the caller and we dont have any logging here if the cast fails. This leaves a user in a
unpleasant situation when something goes wrong on that line (as it is with my situation).
As every java developer know "a cast can fail" and i would like to see a logging for that
to and a re-throw after that.

---
regards
Marc Logemann