openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD -- Novlog <j-b.bri...@novlog.com>
Subject MappingTool : Java class and Ant task
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:39:47 GMT
Hi,

There is 2 ways to use the same MappingTool : as a Java class or as an Ant task.

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/2.1.0/apache-openjpa-2.1.0/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_integration_mappingtool
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/2.1.0/apache-openjpa-2.1.0/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_mapping_mappingtool

It look like the same but it is not, at least on syntax point of view :

On command line according to the doc : -schemaAction build
On ant task : <mappingtool action="buildSchema"
On reality from my experience for command line : ... -action buildSchema

Currently, I manage to make it work but I'd like to add more parameters like -dropTables true.
What would be the Ant task syntax for it ?

What would be the recommended way to use it ?