openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: MetaModel creation with -Aopenjpa.generate=true
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:51:19 GMT
For the time being, how about the following fix in openjpa trunk:

    /**
     * The entry point for java compiler.
     */
    @Override
    public boolean process(Set<? extends TypeElement> annos, RoundEnvironment roundEnv)
{
        if (active && !roundEnv.processingOver()) {
            Set<? extends Element> elements = roundEnv.getRootElements();
            for (Element e : elements) {
                if (e instanceof TypeElement)
                    process((TypeElement) e);
            }
        }
        return true;
    }

We simply ignore "PackageElement", "ExecutableElement", "TypeParameterElement" and "VariableElement".
(These are the other Subinterfaces of Element)

With this we dont get into trouble and we have time to elaborate on the real problem. roundEnv.getRootElements()
simply can return also PackageElements. Why this is only the case for this package with JAXB
file is something which one need to research. Thats definitely something in the javax.annotation.processing
area of the JDK. But there  must be a reason that getRootElements() returns Element and not
TypeElement ;-)

---
regards
Marc Logemann