openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Trelle <tobias.tre...@codecentric.de>
Subject Re: NPE with Fetch Join Query
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 05:18:53 GMT
Hi Michael,

Michael Dick wrote:

> Which version of OpenJPA are you using?

I'm using OpenJPA 2.0.1. The database ist DB2 V9. JPA startup log looks
like:

 INFO 07:11:27 - Using dictionary class
"org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DB2Dictionary".
 INFO 07:11:27 - Creating subclass for "[class
com.provinzial.framework.util.db.jpa.fetch.B, class
com.provinzial.framework.util.db.jpa.fetch.A]".
This means that your application will be less efficient and will consume
more memory than it would if
you ran the OpenJPA enhancer. Additionally, lazy loading will not be
available for one-to-one and
many-to-one persistent attributes in types using field access; they will be
loaded eagerly instead.
 INFO 07:11:27 - Starting OpenJPA 2.0.1

Michael Dick wrote:

> It looks like we don't have a cached version of the metadata for type B,
> enabling
> preloading&lt;http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_meta_repository&gt;
> of
> the meta data might at least work around the problem.

Thanks for that hint, but it does not solve the problem.

Even when I change the fetch type of the b association the eager and load
the A entity by primary key, the error remains the same.

My persistence.xml looks like this:

		com.provinzial.framework.util.db.jpa.fetch.A
		com.provinzial.framework.util.db.jpa.fetch.B
		true

Cheers,
Tobias