openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Evicting
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:51:30 GMT
Hi Daryl,

I think the core issue is how your objects fit into the architecture.

JPA, Hibernate, JDO, EclipseLink, TOPLink, and other domain object
model architectures share this architecture: the application interacts
with a persistence manager that in turn manages a persistent object
cache that manages a collection of domain objects that have no
knowledge of the persistence environment.

This is very different from the Data Access Object pattern in which
each object is responsible for its own persistent life cycle. From
your brief description you're using the DAO pattern.

Craig

On Feb 9, 2011, at 5:43 AM, Daryl Stultz wrote:

>> If you want to isolate changes to job1 and job2 you would have to
>> buffer
>> changes (e.g. setName) and only apply them when performing the save.
>>

> I am the developer of the core Java code of my application. I can
> deal with
> issues like this when I have to, but I have people on staff writing
> JavaScript extensions to the product who know nothing about how JPA
> works
> and ideally shouldn't have to.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle