openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <daryl.stu...@opentempo.com>
Subject Re: Evicting
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:11:59 GMT
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Daryl Stultz <daryl.stultz@opentempo.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Yes, a query works, but em.find(MyCase.class, 123) will return the
> deleted
> > object from L1 if I'm not mistaken. I pulled the call to clear() as it
> > should be unusual to call find after deleting. I can't seem to uncover
> any
> > other side effects of the deleted object hanging around in L1.
> >

> That matches what I've seen. Is the find issue a blocker for you ?

No, I actually thought I would be preventing more heinous problems by
getting the deleted object out of L1. I thought that if the object was
modified prior to the JDBC delete, then another object was modified and
"saved", the save transaction would cause the deleted but dirty object still
in L1 to be saved as well (assuming it is still managed), but I can't
demonstrate this in a unit test.

--
Daryl Stultz